Activity :the situation in which a lot of things are happening or people are moving around
There was a lot of activity in preparation for the Queen’s visit.
Economists are concerned by the low level of economic activity.
There was a sudden flurry of activity when the director walked in.
- Deed: an intentional act, especially a very bad or very good one:
It seems to me that a lot of evil deeds are done in the name of religion.
She’s always helping people and doing good deeds.
- Attempt: an act of trying to do something, especially something difficult
She made a few half hearted attempts to join the conversation.
They closed the road in an attempt to reduce the traffic in the city.
In the last ditch attempt to save his party from defeat, he resigned from the leadership.
- Endeavour : an attempt to do something
In spite of our best endevours, it has proven impossible to contact her
Crossing the North Pole on foot was an amazing feat of human endeavour.
- Pursuit: the act of trying to achieve a plan, activity,.. for a long period of time
The pursuit of happiness
The company is ruthless in its pursuit of profit
The union is on strike in pursuit of a pay increase
- Pursuit: an activity you spend time doing when you’re not working
I enjoy outdoor pursuits, like hiking and riding.
I don’t have much opportunity for leisure pursuits these days.
- Undertaking :a job, a piece of work
The construction is a tunnel is a large and complex undertaking
- Venture: a new activity, which involves risk and uncertainty
She advises us to look abroad fore more lucrative business ventures.
There are many joint ventures between American and Japanese companies.