Amazing : causing great surprise or sudden wonder
t’s amazing that no one else has applied for the job.
The amazing thing is that it was kept secret for so long.
What an amazing coincidence!
- Affecting: causing a strong emotion, especially sadness:
It was an affecting sight.
- Astounding : very surprising or shocking:
an astounding fact/decision/revelationan
astounding (= very great) victory/achievement/success
- Bewildering :confusing and difficult to understand:
He gave me directions to his house, but I found them utterly bewildering.
The college offers a bewildering range of courses.
- Electrifying:very exciting:
an electrifying performance
- Dumbfounding/ Dumbstriking : shocking
The allegations are dumbfounding to him
- Staggering: very shocking and surprising:
It costs a staggering $50,000 per week to keep the museum open to the public.
- Startling:surprising and sometimes worrying:
startling resultsHe made some startling admissions about his past.
startlingly poor results